Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'll be honest...

I'm not really feeling it today.  Whatever "it" is.  I woke up feeling kind of off and the rest of the day just followed suit.  I feel uncomfortable in my clothes (things I've worn a ton of times), for some reason I sort of ache even though it's not a getting sick kind of ache, my motivation is pretty much non-existent and I'm generally cranky.

We all have days like that and I usually pull out the things that turn my day around:
  • Read my favorite blogs that remind me to be grateful for what I have in life
  • Get lost in a book
  • Take a nap
  • Buy something pretty
  • Eat something yummy
  • Play with the dogs
  • Meet up with friends
There are so many things that can pull me out of a bad mood.  And if all else fails, well then I just rally and tell myself to get through the day and tomorrow will be better.  Even just making the decision to deal with whatever comes that day and not let my bad mood get the best of me can work, but today is not one of those days.

Today is the day that I give in.  I fully accept that I'm in a weird mood and probably won't accomplish anything substantial or productive.  I'm fully aware that this means tomorrow will be a pain because I have to make up for everything I didn't do today.  But I just don't care. 

Today is the day I wallow in self-pity that I dare be brought down by a bad mood.  Today I'm irritated that I'm trying to lose weight and I don't have the option to just drown my bad mood in a big 'ol plate of bbq chicken nachos. 

Today I believe tomorrow will be wonderful and that I'm allowed a bad day every once in awhile.

6 comments:

  1. I feel you Cassie. I've been tracking my calories and am in the middle of my range to lose weight and yet I still am not losing. I know its stress and it's sodium but honestly, I feel that I'm working hard enough to limit my calories to heck with the sodium and stress. All that hard work and choosing better foods over the bad ones I really want and it doesn't pay off. Huff. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*

    Your so right - we all have *those* days.

    Hang tight - tomorrow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I'm pregnant. and now all I want are bbq nachos. :):):)

    You deserve a day to do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happens to me sometimes too! I can totally relate. Sometimes it's best to just throw up your hands and say, I'll be back tomorrow, world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree that you deserve a day to do NADA! I have lots of things that pull me out of a funk, too, but sometimes I just dont wanna do them b/c I'd rather just be in a funk. And that's okay. :) PS... one of my big ones is taking a nap, too, and I SO wish I was one of those people that worked out when she got bummed, etc.. haha. I always just want to eat and sleep, not run and rage... Comedy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :0( I'm sorry! I hope your weekend has been better!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity