Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finally...

The past few days have been so great!  I feel like I've finally achieved the whole BALANCE THING.  It's something I always strive for, but most days it feels out of reach.  Lately though, it seems like so many good things are happening!  I know that feeling balanced won't last and eventually something will throw it out of whack, but it sure is nice to have it come around again :)

  • I've lost 28 lbs so far and got to wear a pair of pants yesterday that I haven't fit into in a year!
  • I've been trying to replace Maddy's favorite toy for months, but haven't had any luck.  The place I got it from no longer sells it (it's a small squeaker bone) and I've contacted several Etsy shops to see if someone can make it.  I've been turned down everytime though and told that the size of the bone is too small to add a squeaker.  I sort of gave up and had been buying her the smallest similar toys I could find and she liked them okay, but wasn't really attached to them like she was to her old one.  I decided to search again and the first etsy seller I contacted said she could do it!  I can't wait to get it!
  • We hired someone at work to take over the accounting so I'm no longer responsible for that work on top of my own.  It feels so freeing to only have to worry about my actual job now!
  • I've started taking the dogs to the park and going on walks with them.  They get their exercise and I don't feel guilty about not spending enough time with them each day.
  • I had an awesome date night Saturday and spent Sunday cleaning up and organizing my office.  If I can just stay on top of all my mail, then it should stay organized and save me so much time!
There's so many other good things going on that I almost don't want to publish this post because it doesn't really do justice to how good I'm feeling about life lately.  I just feel calmer, more at ease...I don't know how to explain it, but I'm just thankful that things are going so well.  I feel like I've been working hard and also getting time to play-going on walks, reading books, taking baths, discovering new cupcake places, great date nights...

Life is good!

5 comments:

  1. That's so great that they hired someone to help you at work. I wish they'd do that for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome girl!! sounds like things are going great for you!!! :0) Way to go on the weight loss! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Date night?! LOVE IT!!! You go, girl! And I am SO happy to read that you're rocking right now! You deserve happiness, friend! And it seems like the clouds have definitely opened up to reveal the sun! :) And high freaking five on the weight loss! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lady! That's awesome! 28 lbs. is amazing...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness. Life sounds good...and everyone deserves goodness! Congrats on the 28lbs--I have to ask what's your secret!? Also, date night!? Too fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity