Sunday, April 17, 2011

The best cookies I've ever made...


These cookies are exactly what I think of when I'm wanting a good ol' fashioned chocolate chip cookie.  They have a little crunch around the edges, but are soft in the middle-perfect for me!

You need:
  • 2 sticks salted butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 3 3/4 cups white flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I really like Ghirardelli chocolate chips because they're so big)
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (I buy the ones already chopped up that you can use as toppings on sundaes.  I don't like big chunks of walnuts in my cookies so these work best for me)
Preheat your oven to 350.  Melt butter and add it to sugars.  Beat until smooth.  Stir in vanilla.  Add each egg, stirring after each addition.  In a separate bowl, wisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Add wet mixture to dry and stir until combined.  Add in chocolate chips and chunks.  Add in walnuts here if you want the whole batch to have them or bake up half the dough and then add them in-I do this when I'm bringing the cookies to someone else because not everyone likes nuts.  I sort of eyeball the walnuts and just add them until I get the consistency I'm going for.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until just starting to brown up.  Yields about 4 dozen cookies.

I use a silpat when baking these and they turn out AMAZING!  I highly recommend getting one-I think they run around $15.  Refrigerate dough in between baking batches.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gooooondess, those look INCREDIBLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound just like the ones I make! :0) LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity